Call for Volunteers
IX-Denver will be holding an election at our 2018 members meeting on 18 October 2018. The purpose of this election will be selecting three Board members for two year terms (2018-2020) and one Board member for a one year term (2018-2019). To ensure that IX-Denver has the best possible leadership, we are now calling for volunteers who are willing and able to serve our members as Directors.
Four Board seats are up for election in 2018, three of which are being vacated:
- Mark Calkins – Seeking re-election
- Jay Hanke – Not seeking re-election
- Ogi Mitev – Not seeking re-election
- Paul Ebersman – Resigned (mid-term)
You can view all of the current Board members here.
We are seeking volunteers and nominations to fill these three open Board seats. To be considered; please send name, email, and a brief biography to [email protected].
As an all volunteer organization, IX-Denver relies heavily on its Board of Directors.
Some of the various tasks performed by current Board members include:
- Financial planning and book keeping
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Setting strategic direction for the organization based on member input
- Providing technical leadership to the organization based on industry best practices
- Proposing and conducting configuration changes, upgrades, new installs, etc.
- Developing new and existing software tools
- Configuring member ports, route server sessions, etc.
- Communicating with members directly and via mailing lists
- Seeking out new members and partners and bringing them on-board
- Evangelizing the use of peering
- Website and social media updates
- Event planning and execution
- Leading other volunteers
Not all members take on all of these tasks and this is not a comprehensive list. You will need to commit at least 10 hours per month to this position (2-4 hours per week), including monthly online board meetings. Twice a year we meet in person for about a half a day.
Folks who live in Colorado and have Internet technology related experience are preferred. In particular this year, we are interested in adding someone with accounting experience.
- 5 September 2018 – Call for Volunteers opens
- 20 September 2018 – Call for Volunteers closes
- 28 September 2018 – Slate of candidates announced
- 18 October 2018 – Members meeting and election
- 26 October 2018 – New Board announced